Careers at Alpha
Volatiles Laboratory Team Leader
The VOA Team leader provides operational support while participating in daily sample production. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: scheduling and prioritizing work tasks, training, problem solving, implementing new procedures and methods, analyzing samples, reviewing and analyzing data, and completing reports.
Requirements: BA/BS in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental or related science field
5+ years with 2-3 years in a supervisory role
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Calibrate instrumentation (GCMS, GC-FID/PID)
2. Prepare standards used for analysis.
3. Analyze samples using GCMS, GC-FID/PID. Methods include but not limited to: 524, 624, VPH, GRO, 8260 liquid and soil.
4. Calculate, check, reduce, review and report data in accordance with applicable SOP's.
5. Interpret data and associate QC and approve data in the LIMS system.
6. Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
7. Schedule, prepare and analyze samples based on method requirements and within turnaround times (TAT).
8. Train new personnel.
9. Adhere to established health and safety protocols.
10. Develop improved techniques with Manager. Active LEAN participant.
11. Act as point of contact in absence of Manager.
1. May stock and order supplies as needed.
2. Maintain and promote clean work area(s).
3. Solid experience with GCMS, GC-FID/PID instruments.
Health & Welfare Benefits
Reward & Recognition Programs
We will meet and/or exceed your expectations in all aspects of our relationship.